Interview questions and answers for the UFT
Automation could help speed up the testing process for software developers who test their own products. UFT, which used to be called QTP, is a popular automation tool that developers use to test software before putting it out to the public. This article will help you get a job by giving you a list of UFT interview questions and examples of how to answer them. questions and answers for the UFT
Questions about making software in general.
Here are some general questions you might be asked at an interview for a software developer job, especially if it involves software development and testing:
- How does the quality assurance phase of development work at the company you work for now?
- How do you check if a piece of software has bugs?
- OOP stands for object-oriented programming. Tell me more about it.
- Talk about unit testing and how you feel about it as part of the QA process.
- How can you tell if a software engineer is good?
- Tell me about a problem you had while making software and how you fixed it.
- How is making sure something is good different from making sure it is good?
- What does it mean for software to be “validated”?
- What is an exam plan?
- How does testing that is static work?
- Explain what “white box testing” means.
- What is it that is being tested?
- How do tests with a black box work?
- What does it mean to test in a gray box?
- How are things going for you right now?
- What is your favorite part of the QA testing process?
- How do you become a good QA tester? What skills do you need?
- Explain what a test strategy document is.
- What are a group of tests called?
- Describe a test scenario and a test case.
- What are the best programming languages for business, and why are they the best?
- What development projects would you like to finish in the first 90 days if you were hired?
- How do you look over the code that other team members have written?
- Every day, how many lines of code do you write?
- How do you test software most effectively? Why?
- How much do you want to make?
- What does “testing functions” mean?
- How can you check out a service?
- How do you check for a regression?
UFT questions about experience and background
Think about the following questions about your background and experience before your UFT interview:
- About UFT/QTP, what do you know?
- How have you worked with a Java Tree using UFT?
- How do you make something start from something else?
- Tell me about a time when you did cross-browser testing using UFT.
- Tell me about a time when you used UFT to test across platforms.
- How have you used UFT or QTP to check a web app for broken links?
- Tell me about something you did with VBScript.
- Have you ever used the QTP tool for testing in batches?
- Tell me what you’ve done to declare a variable in the past.
- How do you make UFT read a key in the registry?
- You were able to run how many test scripts?
- How often did scripts get run?
- Each script had how many lines of code?
- Do you know how to use a function library?
- How long does making a test script take?
- Did your test scripts require heavy maintenance? “Yes, but why?”
In-depth UFT interview questions
Here are some detailed UFT interview questions for which you may want to look up well-thought-out answers:
- What does the word “CreateObject” mean? Describe it, if you can.
- Create or execute test script.
- How do you use codes to get files from FTP to UFT?
- Talk about how QTP makes tests.
- By making a piece of code, you can write data to an Excel file.
- Create a piece of code in UFT that uses a dictionary array.
- Explain how a dictionary is different from an array in UFT.
- Make an Excel file by writing a code in UFT.
- Explain how to deal with different kinds of runtime errors.
- How does one add synchronization points to UFT?
- Cover Letter for Software Developer
UFT interview questions and example answers
Here are some possible answers to UFT interview questions:
- Define UFT.
- What is an API Test in UFT?
- To install UFT tool, what kind of system do you need?
- What is the difference between UFT and QTP?
- What other things can people who use UFT get?
- How does UFT work with an organization’s database?
- With UFT, what kinds of tests can’t be run automatically?
- What kinds of tests can a computer run?
- How many licenses does UFT have?
- What does the tool that lets you run tests all at once do?
This simple question is likely to be one of the first UFT-related interview questions you’ll be asked. Give a clear answer that shows how well you understand the test tool.
Example: “UFT stands for “Unified Functional Testing.” It is an automated testing tool that used to be called “QuickTest Professional” (QTP). In 2006, the company was bought by Hewlett-Packard (HP). UFT is a great choice for functional testing, testing for bugs, and service testing. By setting up configurations that can be used to test different user scenarios, UFT lets developers automate how users interact with a web or client application.”
In UFT, what is an API Test?
UFT is useful because it can automatically test APIs. This is one difference between UFT and its predecessor, QTP. To answer this question, you must explain what an API is and how UFT tests APIs automatically.
Example: “API stands for “application programming interface,” which is another name for an API. An API makes features and functions that other applications, called clients, can use to interact with the API. With a Twitter API, you can post to Twitter from another app, for example. You have to test an API without a generated user interface, or GUI. You can do this by using UFT to make programmatic actions happen automatically.”
To install UFT tool, what kind of system do you need?
People with jobs like Systems Manager need to know the system requirements because they may have to install UFT software. You need to give the right system requirements to answer this question.
Example: “In order to set up UFT, you must:
- A computer or processor with a Pentium IV or better microprocessor (minimum 1 GHz)
- A computer with Windows 7 or a later version
- At least 1 GB of memory, but more will help it work better.
- The graphics card should have 16-bit high color settings and at least 64 MB of video memory.
- The app file needs at least 1 GB of free space on the hard drive.”
What is the difference between UFT and QTP?
You need to know where UFT came from in order to understand it. This is an easy UFT question that could lead to more. Tell me how the two are linked in your answer.
Example: “UFT has been made out of QTP. UFT lets you test APIs, but QTP did not.”
What other things can people who use UFT get?
You can show that you know how UFT works in the real world by knowing how to use software add-ons. Consider the extras you’ve used to answer this question. If you’ve never used add-ons before, you can get ready for this question by looking at the ones in this example.
“UTT can be used with add-ons for Windows, Visual Basic, ActiveX, and the Web.”
How does UFT work with an organization’s database?
A lot of large businesses use databases. Because of this, it might be important for the role to know how UFT works with a database. Answer this question in a clear and brief way.
Example: “UFT can work with MS Access and execute SQL commands. VBScript database operations can also help with this process.”
With UFT, what kinds of tests can’t be run automatically?
UFT is a testing tool, so developers who use it need to know what can be automated and what can’t. Write down all the tests that can’t be done automatically to answer this question.
“Tests that aren’t automated are newly designed test cases that haven’t been run at least once, and test cases where the requirements change a lot.”
What types of tests can a machine do?
You can show that you know how testing works in UFT by answering this question.
“Tests like regression tests, sanity tests, service tests, functional tests, and tests that use more than one data set can be run.”
With UFT, there are two types of licenses that can be used.
This question has only one right answer. If you know how to set up UFT from the beginning, you can answer this question.
“The two licenses you can get are a seat license and a concurrent license.”
What does the test batch running tool do?
This is a useful tool for QA testers and developers who run tests. You can show how much you know about the tool and how it works by answering this question.
It runs automated tests on groups of tests.